How to Find the Open Houses
First, you have to see which properties are actually going to be held open and you need to track this information. Of the approx. 100+ active listings of Homes for Sale in Lake Monticello, only 3-7 are held open on any particular weekend. Sometimes an agent can decide on a Wednesday to hold an open house for the upcoming Sunday, and not advertise the event very much. They just mark the property as an open house in Lake Monticello in the MLS System.
We can help you find out which houses are scheduled to be held open in one of two ways:
– You can book mark our page located at: http://www.choicehomesteam.com/lake-monticello-upcoming-open-houses/ – so that you can see when properties have been marked as an open house being scheduled.
– We can set up a search that is sent straight to your email with the properties as they get marked, so that you do not miss out on any upcoming opens. – Just call us at 434-922-0011 to get set up.
We can also get you into more houses than just those that are held open. We can schedule a tour of ALL of the active homes for sale in Lake Monticello – not just those that are being held open… Just let us know and we will set up a TOUR just for you.
Getting inside of Lake Monticello
Another challenge of visiting an open house in Lake Monticello is dealing with the gates. Visitors of open houses will need to enter Lake Monticello via the Main Gate. While this is not a TSA – Airport style screening that you will need to go through, you do have to be prepared and plan accordingly. Most of the GPS systems attempt to take the users directly to the property that is being held open, by using one of the other gates located around the lake. Doing so not only will provide frustration to you, but also the driver located directly behind you at the gate that will have to back up to let you out of the trap created by your GPS. So of the properties in Lake Monticello can be a distance from the Main Gate, so it will pay to plan ahead.
Dealing with the Agent
This sound funny, coming from a real estate agent. But it is true. People that I have worked with in the past have told me that the reason that they like to visit Open Houses is that they do not want to bother an agent. Yet, when they get to the open house, they have to deal with an agent. It is the catch 22 of open houses. AND, the agent that they end up dealing with, is usually already connected in some way, shape or form with the owners of the property. So they are dealing with the agent, and the agent is already working against them…
What is a buyer to do… ?
Give us a call. Even if your first time out is just designed to get to know the area, we can help and we will be working for you, representing your best interest. I know, we are Agents, but at that point – we would be YOUR AGENT.
Lake Monticello Choices: Lake Monticello Homes for Sale – Lake Monticello Waterfront Homes – Golf Course – Lots & Land – New Listings – Pool – Fireplace – Reduced – Open Houses
Bedrooms: 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 or more
Price Ranges: to 149, 150-199, 200-249, 250-299, 300-349, 350-399, 400-499, 500 +
Year Built: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010+
– How to pick a Lake Monticello real estate agent
– Lake Monticello Transportation Options
– Dining Choices in Lake Monticello
– Lake Monticello Main Gate & Police Information
– Selling in the Spring vs. the Winter
– Lake Monticello Comps – Pricing to Sell
– Golden China at Lake Monticello
– Gas Stations @ Lake Monticello
– Banks that Serve Lake Monticello
– Lake Monticello Pharmacies – Drug Stores
– Hunting Land in Fluvanna County
– Fluvanna County Building Lots